West Mercia Police
Her Majesty’s Inspector for this force is Dru Sharpling. Contact her via the Western regional office.
Read about the force area…
- West Mercia is the fourth largest police force area in England and Wales – covering Hereford, Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin and Worcestershire – and the largest without a coastline.
- The area is predominantly rural, with much of the population dispersed through villages and market towns, particularly in Herefordshire and Shropshire.
- However, the force also polices a number of densely populated urban areas, particularly in the area bordering the West Midlands conurbation.
- Opportunities to collaborate with other forces in the region are being explored.
Recent reports on this force
- West Mercia – Joint inspection of multi-agency child protection arrangements
- Revisiting police relationships – progress report
- Preparing for police and crime commissioners
- Policing in austerity – One year on
- Anti-social behaviour inspection – 2012
Up-to-date crime, anti-social behaviour, cost and workforce data for this force can be found in our interactive Crime and Policing Comparator – see how West Mercia is performing, and how it compares with the rest of England and Wales.
The 2011 value for money profiles provide benchmarking information on:
- What West Mercia is spending its budgets on;
- Staffing levels by grade and function; and
- Outputs and outcomes in a comparable format.
These profiles are based on data provided by the police.