Her Majesty’s Inspector for this force is Zoë Billingham. Contact her via the Eastern regional office.
Read about the force area…
- Northamptonshire is a small Midlands county with the fastest growing population in the UK.
- The main centres of population are the towns of Northampton, Corby, Daventry, Wellingborough and Kettering.
- The population is diverse, with emerging Somali and Eastern European communities.
- A number of major road and rail links run through the county and a number of high-profile events, including Grand Prix races at Silverstone racing circuit, attract large crowds, creating additional policing demands.
- Northamptonshire is one of five forces in an East Midlands regional collaboration group, which aims to promote the cost-effective joint delivery of some important policing services.
Recent reports on this force
- Revisiting police relationships – progress report
- Preparing for police and crime commissioners
- Policing in austerity – One year on
- Anti-social behaviour inspection – 2012
- Review of police crime and incident reports – 2012
Up-to-date crime, anti-social behaviour, cost and workforce data for this force can be found in our interactive Crime and Policing Comparator – see how Northamptonshire is performing, and how it compares with the rest of England and Wales.
The 2011 value for money profiles provide benchmarking information on:
- What Northamptonshire is spending its budgets on;
- Staffing levels by grade and function; and
- Outputs and outcomes in a comparable format.
These profiles are based on data provided by the police.