Her Majesty’s Inspector for this force is Zoë Billingham. Contact her via the Eastern regional office.
Read about the force area…
- Norfolk is a mainly rural and agricultural county. Much of its population of around 850,000 live in the Norwich, Great Yarmouth and Kings Lynn areas.
- Tourism is a major industry, with an estimated 4.7 million visitors each year.
- In recent years, the local agricultural industry has attracted substantial numbers of workers from Eastern Europe.
- The force is responsible for policing Norwich International Airport and Norwich City football matches, and protects the royal residence at Sandringham.
- The force collaborates closely with neighbouring Suffolk Constabulary on areas such as major investigation work and witness protection services.
Recent reports on this force
- Revisiting police relationships – progress report
- Norfolk and Suffolk – Joint inspection of police custody facilities
- Preparing for police and crime commissioners
- Policing in austerity – One year on
Up-to-date crime, anti-social behaviour, cost and workforce data for this force can be found in our interactive Crime and Policing Comparator – see how Norfolk is performing, and how it compares with the rest of England and Wales.
The 2011 value for money profiles provide benchmarking information on:
- What Norfolk is spending its budgets on;
- Staffing levels by grade and function; and
- Outputs and outcomes in a comparable format.
These profiles are based on data provided by the police.