Her Majesty’s Inspector for this force is Roger Baker. Contact him via the Northern regional office.
Read about the force area…
- The area covered by Merseyside Police is densely populated and stretches from the Wirral in the south to Sefton in the north, and includes some significant stretches of coastline.
- Around a third of the 1.4 million population live in the city of Liverpool, which has two major football clubs.
- There are significant numbers of visitors each year to Merseyside’s sporting, cultural and heritage attractions. The area has become a location popular for hosting political conferences.
- There is a long-standing and significant organised crime threat in the area and the force invests substantially in specialist units to conduct investigations at a local, national and international level against organised crime groups.
Recent reports on this force
- Joint inspection of police custody suites
- Revisiting police relationships – progress report
- Preparing for police and crime commissioners
- Policing in austerity – One year on
- Anti-social behaviour inspection – 2012
Up-to-date crime, anti-social behaviour, cost and workforce data for this force can be found in our interactive Crime and Policing Comparator – see how Merseyside is performing, and how it compares with the rest of England and Wales.
The 2011 value for money profiles provide benchmarking information on:
- What Merseyside is spending its budgets on;
- Staffing levels by grade and function; and
- Outputs and outcomes in a comparable format.
These profiles are based on data provided by the police.