Her Majesty’s Inspector for this force is Zoë Billingham. Contact her via the Eastern regional office.
Read about the force area…
- Kent is more urban in the north, bordering London and the Thames, and more rural in the ‘Garden of England’.
- Its population – now standing at around 1.6 million – has experienced significant flux in recent years.
- In areas such as Dartford and Ashford the population has expanded with new arrivals from abroad, including asylum seekers.
- Kent is the principal ‘Gateway to Europe’, with the Channel Tunnel, Dover and other ports playing a key role in the UK’s economic infrastructure.
- It has a nuclear power station and the large Bluewater retail park.
- There is an advanced level of collaboration between Kent and Essex Police.
Recent reports on this force
- Revisiting police relationships – progress report
- Preparing for police and crime commissioners
- Policing in austerity – One year on
- Anti-social behaviour inspection – 2012
- Review of police crime and incident reports – 2012
Up-to-date crime, anti-social behaviour, cost and workforce data for this force can be found in our interactive Crime and Policing Comparator – see how Kent is performing, and how it compares with the rest of England and Wales.
The 2011 value for money profiles provide benchmarking information on:
- What Kent is spending its budgets on;
- Staffing levels by grade and function; and
- Outputs and outcomes in a comparable format.
These profiles are based on data provided by the police.