Her Majesty’s Inspector for this force is Roger Baker. Contact him via the Northern regional office.
Read about the force area…
- The force covers the districts of north and north-east Lincolnshire, and the East Riding of Yorkshire, along with the urban area of Kingston-upon-Hull.
- This presents it with the differing challenges of densely populated areas – with the higher crime rates generally associated with such areas – and large rural lands. There is a mix of affluence and deprivation in the area.
- Humberside plays a key role in the national economic infrastructure, with a cluster of ports offering links to Europe and major gas, oil and steel production facilities.
- The force polices Hull City football matches.
Recent reports on this force
- Revisiting police relationships – progress report
- Preparing for police and crime commissioners
- Policing in austerity – One year on
- Anti-social behaviour inspection – 2012
Up-to-date crime, anti-social behaviour, cost and workforce data for this force can be found in our interactive Crime and Policing Comparator – see how Humberside is performing, and how it compares with the rest of England and Wales.
The 2011 value for money profiles provide benchmarking information on:
- What Humberside is spending its budgets on;
- Staffing levels by grade and function; and
- Outputs and outcomes in a comparable format.
These profiles are based on data provided by the police.