Her Majesty’s Inspector for this force is Zoë Billingham. Contact her via the Eastern regional office.
Read about the force area…
- Hampshire has a population of 1.8 million, living in a diverse range of communities.
- The force area covers the cities of Portsmouth and Southampton, with their ports, colleges and universities, busy nightlife and major football clubs.
- The area also includes the Isle of Wight and large rural areas, some of which are among the UK’s most affluent.
- The county has a thriving tourist industry based around historic market towns, seaside resorts and the New Forest.
Recent reports on this force
- Revisiting police relationships – progress report
- Preparing for police and crime commissioners
- Policing in austerity – One year on
- Anti-social behaviour inspection – 2012
Up-to-date crime, anti-social behaviour, cost and workforce data for this force can be found in our interactive Crime and Policing Comparator – see how Hampshire is performing, and how it compares with the rest of England and Wales.
The 2011 value for money profiles provide benchmarking information on:
- What Hampshire is spending its budgets on;
- Staffing levels by grade and function; and
- Outputs and outcomes in a comparable format.
These profiles are based on data provided by the police.