Her Majesty’s Inspector for this force is Zoë Billingham. Contact her via the Eastern regional office.
Read about the force area…
- The county’s population of just over 1.7 million is forecast to rise to over two million by 2012.
- There are large towns in the heavily urban south of the county skirting the Thames, and more rural areas in the north.
- Essex is a significant ‘gateway’ for people and freight in and out of the UK through its costal ports, particularly Harwich.
- The force is responsible for policing Stansted airport, the third busiest in the UK.
- There is an advanced level of collaboration between Kent and Essex Police.
Recent reports on this force
- Revisiting police relationships – progress report
- Preparing for police and crime commissioners
- Policing in austerity – One year on
- Anti-social behaviour inspection – 2012
Up-to-date crime, anti-social behaviour, cost and workforce data for this force can be found in our interactive Crime and Policing Comparator – see how Essex is performing, and how it compares with the rest of England and Wales.
The 2011 value for money profiles provide benchmarking information on:
- What Essex is spending its budgets on;
- Staffing levels by grade and function; and
- Outputs and outcomes in a comparable format.
These profiles are based on data provided by the police.