Her Majesty’s Inspector for this force is Roger Baker. Contact him via the Northern regional office.
Read about the force area…
- The force covers an area in which around half the population is concentrated in a number of towns, including Darlington and the city of Durham, and the rest is dispersed across hundreds of small settlements.
- There are many former pit villages.
- The area attracts a large transient population, with Durham University attracting 15,000 students.
- The tourist industry in Durham also attracts large numbers of visitors to the force area.
Recent reports on this force
- Revisiting police relationships – progress report
- Preparing for police and crime commissioners
- Policing in austerity – One year on
- Anti-social behaviour inspection – 2012
Up-to-date crime, anti-social behaviour, cost and workforce data for this force can be found in our interactive Crime and Policing Comparator – see how Durham is performing, and how it compares with the rest of England and Wales.
The 2011 value for money profiles provide benchmarking information on:
- What Durham is spending its budgets on;
- Staffing levels by grade and function; and
- Outputs and outcomes in a comparable format.
These profiles are based on data provided by the police.