Her Majesty’s Inspector for this force is Roger Baker. Contact him via the Northern regional office.
Read about the force area…
- The force covers a small but densely populated area that includes the towns of Middlesbrough and Stockton-on-Tees as well as some rural communities.
- There are areas of high deprivation and unemployment but the region is also important to the British economy, with chemical plants, a large port on the Tees and a nuclear power station.
- The chemical industry presents the force, other emergency services and partners with a significant major incident risk.
- The force is one of the first in England and Wales to work in partnership with the private sector to deliver a wide range of support services, including call handling.
- Cleveland has a strong record in driving down crime with reductions in almost all crime catorgories over the last two years. However, the force recognises the need to improve performance to reduce violent crimes.
Recent reports on this force
- Revisiting police relationships – progress report
- Preparing for police and crime commissioners
- Policing in austerity – One year on
- Anti-social behaviour inspection – 2012
- Review of police crime and incident reports – 2012
Up-to-date crime, anti-social behaviour, cost and workforce data for this force can be found in our interactive Crime and Policing Comparator – see how Cleveland is performing, and how it compares with the rest of England and Wales.
The 2011 value for money profiles provide benchmarking information on:
- What Cleveland is spending its budgets on;
- Staffing levels by grade and function; and
- Outputs and outcomes in a comparable format.
These profiles are based on data provided by the police.