Her Majesty’s Inspector for this force is Roger Baker. Contact him via the Northern regional office.
Read about the force area…
- Cheshire is an economically diverse area, with industrial towns to the north, bordering the Greater Manchester and Merseyside conurbations.
- There is extensive agricultural land in other parts of the county.
- Ellesmere Port has a strategically important oil refinery complex, and the town of Warrington poses challenges for police with its night-time economy of bars and clubs.
- The historic city of Chester is a major tourist attraction.
- The force is responsible for policing a substantial road network.
Recent reports on this force
- Revisiting police relationships – progress report
- Preparing for police and crime commissioners
- Policing in austerity – One year on
- Anti-social behaviour inspection – 2012
Up-to-date crime, anti-social behaviour, cost and workforce data for this force can be found in our interactive Crime and Policing Comparator – see how Cheshire is performing, and how it compares with the rest of England and Wales.
The 2011 value for money profiles provide benchmarking information on:
- What Cheshire is spending its budgets on;
- Staffing levels by grade and function; and
- Outputs and outcomes in a comparable format.
These profiles are based on data provided by the police.