Her Majesty’s Inspector for this force is Zoë Billingham. Contact her via the Eastern regional office.
Read about the force area…
- Bedfordshire is home to around 620,000 people. There are two large towns – Bedford and Luton – and a number of smaller towns, as well as substantial rural areas.
- Bedfordshire Police is responsible for the busy Luton Airport and police major road routes.
- The population is diverse, particularly in Luton.
- The force has undertaken a number of terrorist investigations in recent years and faced public order problems in the Luton area.
- Its collaboration with Hertfordshire Constabulary is advanced and more recently, this collaboration has extended to include Cambridgeshire Constabulary.
Recent reports on this force
- Revisiting police relationships – progress report
- Preparing for police and crime commissioners
- Policing in austerity – One year on
- Anti-social behaviour inspection – 2012
- Review of police crime and incident reports – 2012
Up-to-date crime, anti-social behaviour, cost and workforce data for this force can be found in our interactive Crime and Policing Comparator – see how Bedfordshire is performing, and how it compares with the rest of England and Wales.
The 2011 value for money profiles provide benchmarking information on:
- What Bedfordshire is spending its budgets on;
- Staffing levels by grade and function; and
- Outputs and outcomes in a comparable format.
These profiles are based on data provided by the police.